School Lunch Account System - eTrition
Parents and guardians of public school students will now be able to conveniently manage, monitor and pay for their child's school meal account online and through a mobile app. The Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE) will launch the online school lunch payment system, EZSchoolPay, on Monday, May 7, 2018.
EZSchoolPay is a secure service being offered through Harris School Solutions (eTrition). The new statewide student meal payment system provides the following online uses:
- Add funds securely, conveniently and directly into student meal accounts at any time from the app or online.
- Set recurring automatic payments to ensure accounts are always refilled.
- Receive automated alert notifications when the account balance drops below a certain amount.
- View student meal transactions and account balances.
Each Transaction will incur a $.13 convenience fee, and a 1.99% transaction fee (down from previous 5%).
Parents will still have the option of paying with cash or check at their child's school at no charge and can use EZSchoolPay to check their balance. The EZSchoolPay app is free and accessible on iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Schools will be distributing a letter to notify parents about this new system and next steps.
School Lunch & MHS School ID Card
The eTrition system is Mililani High School's computerized meal accounting system. Students use their MHS student ID card when purchasing school meal items. When the student goes to purchase a meal, the barcode is scanned and the amount will be deducted from the student's account.
- Each student will automatically be issued one (1) free student ID card that includes the barcode.
- Each card will include the student’s picture, name, and barcode.
- Each student shall use his/her own ID card to purchase items. A student should not lend an ID card to anyone else.
- Students or parents may make deposits to an account by one of the following methods:
- Online: via the eTrition website at www.EZSchoolPay.com
- Drop Box: Located in the Front Office. Fill out a deposit envelope, enclose payment (Cash, check, or money order), seal deposit envelope, and place in drop box… Must deposit exact amount, because no change will be given. 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Deposits made before school will be credited that day
- Each student's lunch status is protected against overt identification of Free / Reduced / Paid lunch status. Student eligibility status is strictly confidential and is not identified on the individual student ID cards.
- Students not on Free Lunch status must have money in their accounts BEFORE going to buy their meals. Deposits must be made in the morning before school begins and/or during morning recess. Due to strict federal regulations, we are not able to collect any money on the line.